Sorry for the delay, esp. because the prevention against H1N1 is an urgent matter.
Let me provide here some easy measures to prevent the disease:
Basic information for the prevention of H1N1 disease:
(a) The following information I have written in my book on "Human Diseases" should prove very useful:
p.187: Immunity against virus diseases.
p.141: Common Cold.
p.171: German Measles
p.246. Virus Diseases.
p. 115: Body Heat or Heaty Body.
p.35. Table-1: Diseases that may develop in relation to acidity.
All the above are very much relevant to H1N1 disease. They would only take very little time to read.
(b) Besides the above, the following should prove useful as well:
* Keeping awake late-nights is not very good. Likewise, over-working (far too much of working until your body is totally exhausted) is not good. Starving without eating food is not good for this disease. Strenuous exercises are not good, as it would make the body acidic.
* Avoid consuming ACID foods, fruits and drinks. Examples of this: buah kundang, rambai, macang, mango, duku langsat, rambutan (a few ok), mangosteen (very few, ok),
Durian (not too much), green belimbing used for cooking (sweet buah belimbing, ok), strongly sourish Durian Belanda (sour sop) (sweet sour-sop, ok), sour plums, Roselle drink, Assam Jawa drink (using Assam Jawa for cooking, ok), (oranges, pomelo and lemons are ok, since they contain plenty of potassium),
Sour pineapple (a little of sweet pineapple, ok), China-imported tit-bits that taste sour: e.g., sourkana, sour orange skin, sour lemon skin, sour ginger, sour-tasting Bayam (pulicha keerai, in Tamil), etc., Generally rice and rice-based foods are good.
All those bottled drinks that may contain citric acid (or any other acid or preservatives) should be avoided.
Foods cooked 2 or 3 days ago (i.e., old food), if not sterilised properly) should not be eaten as well. This is especially true if the curry contains dhor dhall, kacang hijau (green gram), kacang tanah (groundnut), etc.
Must avoid eating chocolates, ALL forms of nuts including groundnuts, pistachio, almond, etc. should not be eaten in large quantities / frequently (A few added to foods can be eaten).
* Better to eat: dragon fruit, sweet apples, honey melon, water melon, pears, bananas, cucumber, onions, pumpkin, grey 'pumpkin' (Poosanikkai, in Tamil), loofa (Peerkangai in Tamil), Drinking coconut water (and its meat) on alternate days (during day time and not by night) is good. Coconut water can be taken daily if one is traveling around, or is engaged in strenuous physical work.
*The fruits of Sea Coconut (Borassus flaberllifers) is EXCELLENT if a person has already contracted the disease. It will give immediate cure. Now, it is available in supermarkets in canned forms: they call it Sea Coconut, imported from Thailand or Singapore : white syrup or gula Melaka preparation: both are OK. (Uninfected people can also eat this for prevention: dosage: just 2 or 3 pieces only in the mornings on alternate days, until the hot season changes.
* If infected, one should bathe 3 or 4 times a day in cool tap water. (Hot water is bad).
* Once infected, the person should eat RICE and rice-based foods, and should avoid high protein diet, chicken, soybean (all kinds), oily foods, Wheat items are not good.
Powdered milk, papaya and other acid fruits mentioned above should be avoided altogether.
The contents of the above mail / 'article', based on my personal research thinking, written without any prejudice, form a reply to one of my patient's / friend's inquiry. I am sending copies of this to my friends with a view to letting them know some useful information. This does NOT form a suggestion for the treatment of any kind of OR any one's health problems. I have no objection if my friends wish to forward this to THEIR friends, provided they include this disclaimer along with my copyright protection while forwarding. If this 'article' has reached you unsolicited, and if you do not wish to receive such mails in future, kindly inform me or your forwarder so that it can be avoided in future. With thanks, Dr. Palani, Ph..D., Pioneering Founder of Ecological Healing System, a Complementary Medicine.
Dr.V.M. Palaniappan, Ph.D.,
(Pioneering Founder of "Ecological Healing System"),
Chief Consultant, Neo Health Care
30-A, Jalan Ara SD 7/3-A, Bandar Sri Damansara,
52200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
H/P: (6) 012-207 14 14
Tel Resid: (6-03) 627 222 84