Wednesday, December 16, 2009

PETIKAN DARI LAMAN BLOG PATRICK TEOH

TM: KOMUNIKASI MEREALISASIKAN

A True Story

Year: 1990
Location: Waverly, Iowa, United States of America
Objective: To get a phone and phone service for my daughter's dormitory room in college.

Me: Hi, good morning.
AT&T: Good morning, thank you for calling AT&T. How may I help you?
Me: Errr...I would like to get a phone line for my daughter's dorm room in Wartburg College..
AT&T: Yes of course sir. May I please have the dorm and room number and the subscriber's name and credit card number?
Me: Errr...okay it's XXXXX and her name is XXX and the credit card details are XXXX AT&T: Thank you and may I just put you on hold for a second?
Me: Thank you.
(15 seconds later)
AT&T: Sorry to keep you waiting, sir. It's all done you may commence using the service in an hour. Thank you for choosing AT&T.


Then I went with my daughter to the local supermarket. Picked up some groceries and a made-in-Malaysia handset. Went back to the dorm room, plugged it in the socket. Voila! There was her phone line. Working. All done in less than an hour.

Seque to the present. Yesterday actually.

Year: 2009
Location: Kedai TM Point, Ampang Point, Ampang, Selangor.

Objective: To effect a change of address for my telephone line and Streamyx service.


Me: Selamat pagi.
TM: Ya?
Me: I am moving from Ulu Kelang to PJ and I would like to move my phone line and Streamyx.
TM: Where in PJ?
Me: Errr...yes it is at XXX
TM: Sana ada coverage ke?
Me: Errr...I think so because it is a condo and many people I know there have Streamyx service.
TM: Wait ah I check dulu. (clicks away at the computer) Errr...takde la.
Me: How can? I am sure I know people there who use Streamyx.
TM: You got any of your friends phone numbers?
Me: Huh? Errr...sure I can give you this one. XXXXXXXXXX
TM: (clicks buttons again)...errr...you nak pindah ke sana ke?
Me: Yes.
TM: Kena isikan borang ini.
Me: (fills out form)
TM: Okay, you will have to pay RM50 for the re-location. But don't worry we will bill you in the next statement. Also you need to pay RM30 for the contractor to come and check your line.
Me: But it is a condo there are installed lines already.
TM: Ya but still the contractor need to come and check see if got service.
Me: Errr...okay. I am planning to move the day after tomorrow. So when will the service be available at my new house?
TM: 9 days time. Working days ya?
Me: What?! Why?
TM: You apply today so today memang tak boleh la. Then we will inform our contractor within 3 working days. Then the contractor will take minimum 3 working days to go to your place and check. And then they will inform us within 3 working days. So total 9 working days la. Tu je.
Me: Errr...
TM: Anything else I can help you with?
Me: Errr...terima kasih ya?

So friends, there will be no sound from me la for the next 9 days cos I'll be at the new house waiting for the contractor to come and check. Sorry ya.

NIAMAH!!! 71 comments petikan dari blog patrick teoh

Pepatah Melayu:

(1) LAIN HULU LAIN PARANG.
LAIN NEGERI KITA, LAIN PULA NEGERI ORANG.

(2) HUJAN EMAS DI NEGERI ORANG,
HUJAN BATU DI NEGERI SENDIRI.

**********

No comments:

Post a Comment