Saturday, August 8, 2009

KLCC - Pay If U Pee...RM2.00 Fee

Friday, August 7, 2009

To Pee or Not To Pee


After Pak Payne's poetic lament in "What Is Becoming of Me...", I am feeling a wee bit 'Shakespearish', thus "To Pee Or Not To Pee..." [the next entry will probably be "To Pi Or Not To Pi, to Phi Phi"; THAT's the question!]

Is it true that you have to pay two ringgit to take a leak in KLCC? What exactly do they have in the washrooms there, paintings by Old Masters? The sprawling tourist magnet isn't exactly our playground, so we don't know. We hardly go to the city centre, by the way.

Everything that we need and want can be found in our own backyard; there's One Utama, The Curve, Ikea, Ikano, Damansara Uptown, and further up, Hartamas. In fact, we are within walking distance to One Utama that I sometimes go there on foot. It takes only 20 minutes, and at a leisurely pace too.

I certainly do not mind paying to use a shopping centre's toilet facility, but I think two ringgit is a bit rich, considering other places like One Utama and The Curve do not charge a single sen for the same. And their loos are as clean and spotless as those found in five-star hotels.

I wonder what the rationale is for charging two ringgit for a pee (or a poo). I may be wrong, but I still think the management is just trying to make a quick buck, well knowing that when you gotta go, you gotta go...

Oh, I forgot to mention I was told they give you a packet of 'wet-ones', presumably for you to clean yourself up afterwards. I guess that's their justification for the two ringgit charge.

But what if I refuse the packet because I have this habit of bringing my own wherever I go? Can I get a discount on the two bucks?

Two ringgit is a lot of money these days. For this amount, one can have two meals at Restoran Rakyat Ukhwah 1Malaysia, or two packets of that famous Nasi Lemak Taman Tun.

Be that as it may, I have decided I shall not enrich KLCC further by peeing in their first-rate toilet. No, I am not bringing a bedpan when shopping in KLCC, don't worry. [Psstt.. Pak Abu says he's not considering the bottle either.... it's too bulky to hide in his pocket!]

Pak Abu and I have found the solution; we shall continue to avoid KLCC as we have done in the past, unless there is a real need to be there.

I can't promise to stay away because Kinokuniya is gobsmacked in KLCC and it has some of the best collections of books ever. If you like Pablo Neruda, go to Kinokuniya for it carries an impressive stock of the poet's work.

If you are coming One Utama way, give me a tinkle. I pace the aisles of both Old and New Wings almost everyday. That's my routine. Perhaps we can have Ultimate Mocha together at The Coffee Bean. Best of all, you don't have to pay to pee!

No comments:

Post a Comment